The wellcome collection: Medicine now
Aims: to educate, experience, enjoy, shock, linking art with science.
Themes: health, medicine, the body.
The space: modern, red and white boxes, rectangles, sectioned rooms.
- interactive opportunities - contribute to comments in a forum wall.
- you can get close to exhibits and fully experience them.
- things to watch and listen too evoking and engaging senses.
- audience can move around in and amongst the pieces any way they like.
- reflective tables at the end of the exhibit to look back and reflect.
- desks and drawers that you can open and look in.
- books to read
Annie Cattrell: Sense (2001-2003)
- sequence of sculptures showing activity in the human brain responding to the five senses.
- the scan were produced using MRI
- they were converted in to 3D physical structures of amber resin using rapid prototyping process
Line drawings I did recording John Issac's sculpture, I can't help the way I feel. The drawing on the far left I did without looking at my paper.
The Tate Modern: Structure and clarity
The Tate Modern: Energy + Process